The Venera probes, launched from Baikonur, were designed for the exploration of Venus. There were 16 :
- Venera 4 in 1967 was the first probe to enter the atmosphere of Venus;
- Venera 5 and 6 in 1969 also attempted a landing on Venus but were also crushed by the atmospheric pressure;
- Venera 7 in 1970 and Venera 8 in 1972 succeeded the first landing on Venus and could send information during 23 minutes for the first one and 50 minutes for the second one;
- Venera 9 and 10 sent the first images of the ground of Venus in 1975 after a successful landing (opposite);
- Venera 13 and 14 were able to analyze the ground of Venus;
- Venera 15 and 16 mapped Venus.