Above, a project of a 50 meters-telescope.
The project of the building of an "Extremely Large Telescope" with a primary mirror of a diameter of 39 meters, is now started on a site near Paranal (Chile).
Details on this project and on other similar projects are available below:
- ELT (www.eso.org): Extremely Large Telescope de l'ESO
- TMT (tmt.ucolick.org): Thirty Metre Telescope
- CELT (celt.ucolick.org): California Extremely Large Telescope
- GSMT (www.aura-nio.noao.edu): Giant Segmented Mirror Telescope
- OWL (www.eso.org/projects/owl): Overwhelmingly Large Telescope
- GMT (www.gmto.org): Giant Magellan Telescope
- VLOT (www.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca): Very Large Optical Telescope
- LAT (astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/atacama): Large Atacama Telescope
- EURO50 (www.astro.lu.se): European 50-metre Telescope